Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Silly Skittles fun


Have you seen this commercial?



We see it regularly on Teletoon. I adore commercials. I think some of the most creative people in the world are commercial writers.


Of course most commercials are absolute crappity crap crap. But every once in awhile there's a brilliant one. This one makes me laugh too....


I'm not saying that one was brilliant...I'm saying it made me laugh.

So my ridiculously adorable nephew and I were playing the other day and he says "open this door and look for Skittles". I thought whatever, I'll play along. Then he grabs his head and yells "ow" and falls on the floor. I can hear my sister laughing in the next room, and she tells me that they saw this funny Skittles commercial the day before. She was talking about the aforementioned Skittles commercial. When he fell down, he had just 'been hit by the paw'. Oh. Em. Gee. That's freaking cute.

Sooo....his third birthday was this weekend. I made him this card.








Get it?

If I had more time I would have made that first window spill out real Skittles and I would have made an even cooler pop out mechanism behind the other door. I was going to make a big paw come out of it but my nephew doesn't like when the cougar growls (on the tv version, there is no growl), so I thought I'd just leave it like this.

I still think I'm pretty fantastic.

And boy, do I love that kid.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment