Thursday, June 21, 2012

Faux Alligator

Here's a technique to try: Faux Alligator
It's easy!


You need: card stock (I used Basic Black), Versamark, Embossing Powder (I used clear), heat tool.

So I used our adorable new mini purse die,they're so cute --- I just wanna keep making little purses! You could fill them with candy or flowers or money or love...whatever. Or you could just be like me and make little purses cuz they're easy and fun !

First you want to turn over that Versamark pad and cover your whole piece (in my case, the die cut out) with Versamark ink.


Then, you will cover the whole thing with embossing powder, for this one you could use black EP on the black card stock, or clear EP, I didn't have enough clear for everyone so we used the Cherry Scented clear EP and told myself it wasn't Cherry scented, it was Leather scented. Hey, I never said I wasn't odd.




When you shake the excess off it should look kinda like this:



Then, you take your bone folder or stylus or dull pen or fingernail or fondue skewer...mmmm fondue.... and 'draw' some lines through the embossing powder. You don't want them to be too straight, so don't get too uptight about this step.



Then you heat it with an embossing heat tool and you've just created yourself some Faux Alligator! Aren't you fabulous?!



Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment