Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Reward Offered!

So it's possible that I've mentioned once or twice that I'm not very good at blogging. I'd like to take a minute here to explain something about myself to you though. Usually, I will not let a computer get the best of me. I've also always been a lil bit proud of myself for teaching myself just about everything there is to know about...ok, rephrase...everything I know about computers.

OK. That wasn't completely true. Back in University (early 90s) I took a Computer Programming course that rocked my world. We were learning a computer programming language that was unlike anything I'd ever done before in my life. I even learned how to make a video game!!!!  The idea of the game was that you could either make a dot blink inside a circle, or outside a circle. And oh boy, was it ever exciting! I could hardly stop playing that thing. Maybe that's why that was the end of my computer programming career.  You'd think I'd be able to make some text blink on this blog, wouldn't you?

I guess when it comes to blogging, I've just got a bad attitude for learning. I'd rather show  you pretty stuff I made down in my stamp room than sit here and waste time swearing at    getting more familliar with my computer.

So, I need a widget/gadget/thingie that goes at the side of my blog that would link people to my events page on my Stampin' Up Demo site http://valerie.stampinup.net  KWIM?  Would anyone like to make one for me and tell me how to put it there? I will brighten your mailbox every month for one year with a beautiful stamped creation for your troubles.

And now that you've read through all of this BORING stuff I would like to reward you with a few pretty ideas: 
 This was a card I made for a swap awhile ago and I broke out the old Glitter Window technique. Wowza, that brought back some memories! Talk about an oldie but a goodie!
Ha! I made this Tassimo holder for my sister for her birthday, but then it ended up being so much work that I didn't give it to her! I showed it to her and told her how special she was, and took it back. Oh boy.
And this, as you can see it not a Stampin' Up! project, but it brought me alot of joy and I thought maybe, just maybe it would bring you some joy as well. I saw it at the International Peace Gardens and loved it. It is my dream that one day one of my children will make me one. I love Hens and Chicks, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment